Saturday Weekly PrizeGiving - New Format:
Given that this season a number of teams are always playing early, there will be an early weekly prizegiving for those teams at 4pm then the usual weekly Club Prizegiving starts at 6pm. EVERY club team is eligible to receive a Drink vouher and a Rose & Crown Player of the Day Award, entitling the winner to a FREE meal at the Rose & Crown Pub in Terrace End. Every Saturday at your Clubrooms the two Pool Tables & four Dart Boards are operational and we have Freeview and SkyTV. We also have a table tennis table available - so bring the family along and have a great time ! Maria & Roberto provide a selection of great value meals from the Clubrooms Kitchen.
Weekly Club Membership Jackpot Draw:
We are re-introducing the weekly Membership Draw that was hugely successful when we last ran it a few seasons ago. All financial members of the club are eligible for the weekly draw as follows:
- when you make your first purchase for the day at the Bar you will receive a ticket
- put your name & team on the back of the ticket
- put the ticket into the 'jackpot draw' container
- the Jackpot Draw will be held at 7pm
- if you are in attendance for the Jackpot Draw you get the full amount available
- if you are not in attendance but were at the clubrooms earlier that day and properly completed the ticket as above - you get 50% of the amount available
- if you have not been at your clubrooms that day - you get a smile !
- all unclaimed draw money jackpots to the following week
- one draw per week, except if Jackpot reaches $500, there will be 5 draws
To kickstart the 2013 Season Membership Jackpot Draw
the amount available Saturday Nite will be $100
Past Members Day:
Last year we held our inaugural 'Old Timers Day at our Clubrooms, for which we had a good turnout of past members of Red Sox and the many clubs which are part of our club heritage given the mergers that have occurred over the years. The event is now an annual one being held on the 1st Saturday after Queens Birthday weekend. Please make the past members welcome and encourage any you know to attend. There will be no special events this year, but we will be making acknowledgements after the 6pm prizegiving
Special General Meeting - Sunday 30 June 2013 3:00pm:
A special general meeting is being held at the Clubrooms to:
- complete the unfinished matters from the 2012 AGM
- consider the establishment of a company to be owned by the Club for the operation of the Clubrooms and to hold a new type of liquor licence
- consider a development proposal for the Clubrooms basement and adjoining indoor hall facility for training, futsal, junior football, netball etc
- discuss the YoungHeart Manawatu situation (given your club is a part owner)
Spot the Mistake:
Somewhere in this Newsletter is a deliberate mistake. It could be a spelling or fact error. The 1st email received with details of the mistake to firstname.lastname@example.org will get a fee drink voucher - which must be claimed in person next Saturday !
Paddy goes into the Pet Shop and asks for a refund for his Goldfish, explaining that it has epilepsy. The shop owner looks at the goldfish for a while and says - "well it looks calm enough to me" .
Paddy says "well I havent taken it out of the bowl yet !"
The support from your Club Sponsors is critical to the operations of YOUR Club
Please do recognise that support by supporting those who support YOU - and let them know !
Welcome to Red Sox ~ We Have a Dream ~ Don't You Forget It !